On Wednesday, a group of us worked on laying some more block at the mission. When we finished what we were given to do, we found other jobs to do. Following lunch, I went to visit my new sponsor child - Jovanca. She is a two year old who goes to the Nazaret school. She was very shy, which is understandable. Her family was very appreciative of our sponsorship. I'll post pictures when I return.
In the evening, we had a nice cook out at the mission, and then had a worship service. The most moving part of the service was the beautiful liturgical dance by some of the high school students. Their dancing reminded me of my own daughters' dancing. I began missing them as well as wishing I could share this experience with them.
Also on Wednesday, we said goodbye to Megan, Cathy, and Margaret as they headed home. They were great companions on our trip and will be missed.
Thursday, dawned, and we said good bye to Walt who was heading to Santiago to spend some time with his daughter. The rest of the group went to the Leprosaurium which is a resident facility for those suffering from leprosy. The residents rarely get visitors, so the visits from mission groups from Mission Emanuel are looked forward to. We prayed, sang, and visited with them. It was wonderful.
After our visit we returned to the mission, and I worked on wiring lights in the ceiling of the new conference room. Before I knew it, it was time to go back to the hotel. This evening we will go out for a nice dinner and a tour of old town Santo Domingo.
More to come....
Lee
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i love you daddykins! c u sunday!!
Post a Comment