Tom came to pick me up at 4:30 a.m. This morning. We loaded up the car with over 300 pounds of medicine to take to the medical clinic of Mission Emanuel. My fourth trip to the Dominican Republic has begun. I am looking forward to getting on the plane so I can take a nap! This year is different because my dear friend and DR roomate George died this summer. He is with me...though. His family asked me to take his remains to bury at the mission. This will be a very emotional...but good...trip.
We have a great group going this year. For the first time we have three women going. They will bring a different perspective and feel to our trip. I am looking forward to seeing the DR through there eyes. The four other guys have all been before.
More to come...
Lee
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that is sad but George is in a better
place! love you daddy
Post a Comment