Today began early with breakfast at 7 a.m. and our bus ride out to the mission. We spent the morning in 95 degree heat laying cinder block walls. In my four years of trips, this definitely was the hottest I have been. After three hours, we were ready for lunch. We had a nice lunch; and then after lunch we held a memorial service for our dear friend George. Many people spoke, we read some scripture, and then laid George's ashes to rest on a hill overlooking a lush river plain. It was moving and meaningful.
In the late afternoon, after returning to the hotel, we rested and debriefed the day. Then off to a fantastic Italian dinner and back to the hotel for some much needed rest. I am looking forward to a new day tomorrow...but first a good night sleep.
More to come...
Lee
1 comment:
Wow dad, sure are working hard.
I love you so much!
Post a Comment