Well, I am back in the Dominican Republic for my 5th trip. It is good to see my Dominican Friends as well as American friends from around the country. We all share a passion for Mission Emanuel and the people of the DR.
It has been a long day. It began at 4 a.m., and I am about to head to sleep at 10 p.m. Then back up at 6:30 p.m. for breakfast. I am actually looking forward to a Sunday afternoon nap. I'll need it to make up for this travel tiredness.
I went back out to the airport with Javier de la Cruz to pick up Megan Ziglar. Her plane was late because of a TFR in Boston surrounding a visit by President Obama. Then when her plane landed, it got behind an Air France plane whose pilot did not want to cross a taxi way that had grass clippings on it. About 20 employees of the airport went out to clean the taxi way. The pilot eventually shut off his engines, and the plane had to be towed to the gate. By the time all this transpired, Megan's 4:50 p.m. arrival ended up being 7 p.m.
After our introduction meeting tonight, we all went to Yogen Fruzen for some frozen yogurt. It was delicious.
Well more tomorrow!
Saturday, October 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment